Who We Are
Who We Are?
Al Massar is a Sudanese based non-governmental organization (NGO) established on the 12 December 2001. The organization has been officially registered with the Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) in accordance with the current rules & regulations applied to NGOs. Al Massar is the first Sudanese NGO to work sole on the special needs of Nomadic people.
To engage in the real life of the Nomads and Pastoralists of Sudan, to foresee and draw out what should consequently provide a better life through achieving Sustainable Development.
- Recognize the important roles of Nomads and Pastoralists in Sustainable Development.
- Increase the actual participation of Nomad pastoralists in Sustainable Development, Environmental conservation & their influence in the process.
AlMassar is committed to realize her goals, including the following interventions:
- Peace: reduction of resource based conflict (farmers’ vs. nomads).
- Education: increased enrolment & retention of nomadic children in basic education.
- Health: increased access for nomadic pastoralists to primary health care.
- Gender: female emancipation through awareness raising and income generation activities.
- Environment: Range rehabilitation and management
- Water: Improved supply & management of resources.
- Livestock: Improved animal health and animal production.